Posted on April 21st, 2010
Wednesday 21st April 2010 – 08:00hrs.
Following the announcement by National Air Traffic Services (NATS) of a statement regarding the relaxation of restrictions to UK airspace We can confirm that Newcastle International is open for inbound and outbound flights.
The Airport was amongst the first in the UK to re-open and we have already built up manpower and re-opened facilities to ensure the transition back to normality is as smooth as possible.
The flying programme will be limited today due to some aircraft and crew being out of position. We therefore continue to advise all customers to check with their Airline or on our website before travelling to the airport.
Airlines are working hard to establish their normal schedule of services and are regularly updating their plans.
We will provide further updates should more information become available.
- Latest from Newcastle Airport regarding Volcanic Ash and disruption
- Newcastle Airport passengers face misery if British Airways staff strike
- Boss credits staff on keeping Newcastle Airport open for much of the bad weather
- Weather causing problems at Newcastle Airport
- Newcastle Airport will be affected by BA strikes